Posts for tag: Teeth Whitening
Is your smile stained, crooked, or just generally lackluster? Here at Carroll County Dental Associates in Westminster, MD, your team of five dentists transforms smiles through a variety of cosmetic dentistry services—read on to learn more!
How should your smile change?
Think about it: your smile goals must match what's possible in the real world. That's where a cosmetic dentistry consultation at our Westminster office comes in. You and your dentist will discuss your oral health and any aesthetic factors such as tooth color, shape, and size, any physical defects like chips and gaps, amount of gum tissue, dental alignment, and more. Together, you'll arrive at a treatment plan compatible with your goals, budget, and realistic potential for change.
Offered cosmetic services
- Tooth reshaping or contouring: This gentle sanding of rough surfaces, chips, and pits quickly and comfortably regularizes tooth shape and size.
- Composite resin bonding: This one-visit service repairs small defects (chips, cracks, gaps) with a blend of glass and acrylic. Strong and lifelike, the composite resin is shaped, hardened, and polished for a realistic look.
- Porcelain veneers: Thin, tooth-shaped, and one-dimensional, veneers disguise flaws such as large chips, deep stains, overlapping teeth, and more. Customized and bonded to the front of teeth located in the smile zone, veneers permanently remake tooth shape, size, color, and even alignment.
- Porcelain crowns: These three-dimensional ceramic caps remake substantial portions of tooth structure above the gum line. They are tooth-shaped and bite together with teeth on the opposing arch. Crowns also support bridges, finish root canal therapy, and restore dental implants.
- Teeth whitening: Done right in the office, whitening services brighten stained teeth by several shades of color in just one visit. Your dentist uses concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel to remove deep stains caused by tobacco, coffee, tea, blueberries, and more. Additionally, whitening is safe, long-lasting, and very economical.
- Dental implants: A missing tooth affects how you look, eat, and speak. Additionally, bone health is seriously impacted by the loss of even one tooth. Dental implants change all that with the realistic look and feel of a titanium screw, metal post, and realistic crown. Furthermore, because implants reside in the alveolar ridge of the jaw, your bone density improves and is sustained indefinitely.
Your best smile
Find it through the cosmetic dentistry services available here at Carroll County Dental Associates in Westminster, MD! Dial (410) 848-5577 today for an informative cosmetic dentistry consultation with one of our dentists.
Getting your teeth whitened professionally can be a life-changing experience. Whiter teeth are associated with youth, health, vitality and even your level of professionalism in the workplace. Your dentist has the ability to improve the appearance of your teeth by up to eight shades in one short visit. Explore the following FAQs about teeth whitening so that you can decide if this cosmetic treatment is right for you.
Why is Professional Teeth Whitening the Best Option?
Over the counter whitening products are convenient but problematic for a number of reasons. For one, they take a long time to show results (sometimes weeks or months), if they ever do. Whitening kits that come with trays are ill-fitting and uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time. When you have your teeth whitened professionally, the treatment is finished within one day, in one appointment. There’s no need to disrupt your schedule by wearing a tray every day and little to no concerns about the irritation of the gums since the procedure will be handled by a skilled dentist.
Who Is a Candidate?
Any patient with generally good dental health may be a candidate for professional teeth whitening. Keep in mind that some patients aren’t eligible for this treatment because they have stains that can’t be cleared with whitening gels. This is the case when the stain is “intrinsic,” which means the discoloration is at the inner layer of the tooth. Your dentist can tell you if your teeth can be successfully whitened at your initial consultation.
What Will Happen at the Whitening Appointment?
Set aside at least an hour of your time for your teeth whitening appointment. You’ll sit back in your chair as the dentist inserts a device to keep your lips separate from your teeth then applies the gel. You’ll wait for anywhere between 60-90 minutes until the whitening effect has set in. Many patients choose to have this treatment performed on a lunch hour.
How Long Will the Teeth Stay White?
You can expect to enjoy your new whiter smile for about one to two years or longer. The length of time your smile will last depends on you and your dental habits. If you go back to eating the same foods and drinking the same beverages that stained your teeth in the past, the problem is likely to return more quickly. Use a straw, brush regularly and see your dentist for cleanings twice per year.
Contact Your Dentist
You will be happy with the way that your smile looks after going to your dentist for a teeth whitening treatment. If you have more questions, call for an appointment today.